Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training
H2S safety training or Hydrogen Sulfide training is designed as a safety program to familiarize students with the dangers associated with working in an H2S environment.
Our training is appropriate for entry level and supervisory level employees. Annual refresher training is required.
Course materials include student handouts and a final examination. Delivery is accomplished through lecture, hands-on demonstration of monitors and detectors, student participation and practice, multimedia, and student exercises for donning/doffing the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- H2S Gas Awareness (1 Hour)
- Q Safety H2S 4 Hour – ANSI Z390.1 (H2S Clear Equivalent)
- PEC H2S Clear 4 Hour – ANSI Z390.1
- H2S 8 Hour Survival – ANSI Z390.1 (US; Canadian Equivalent)
New ANSI Z390.1-2017
This standard sets forth accepted practices for hydrogen sulfide (H2S) safety training and instruction of affected personnel to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- minimum informational content of the course
- recommended exercises and drills
- properties and characteristics of H2S
- sources of H2S and areas of potential exposure
- typical site-specific safe work practices associated with H2S operations
- detection methods for H2S
- engineering/mitigation controls
- properties, characteristics and safe work practices of sulfur dioxide (SO2)
- selection, use and care of personal protective equipment appropriate for atmospheres containing H2S concentrations above the applicable occupational exposure limit
- rescue techniques and first aid procedures for victims of H2S exposure
- H2S Safety Instructor qualifications
Q Safety Consultants meets and exceeds this standard and can customize training to be specific to your operation or client site. Contact us today for more information.
We can come to you and teach any of our courses at your location, office or conference room anywhere!
- Anywhere in Texas and Nationwide
- San Antonio, TX
- Pleasanton, TX
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Odessa, TX
- Houston, TX
- Victoria, TX
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Laredo, TX
- Brownsville, TX
- McAllen, TX